Wednesday 1 May 2013

Paper Towns by John Green

'What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person'


Read it. If that's the only thing I can persuade you to do then that's enough. Just read it.

When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin into the middle of the night- dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign for revenge- he follows her. Margo's always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she's always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q.. until day breaks and she's vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues and they're for Q.

It wasn't the blurb that drew me in and to be perfectly honest I didn't think it looked to good. Or at least not my type. But as soon as I got reading BAM and in I was drawn. John Green writes delicately and with care weaving the book together and reeling in the reader until you find yourself up at three in the morning reading with a fury that isn't often found when it comes to books. There was something about 'Paper Towns' that got me hooked and that kept me thinking about it and turning it over long after I'd finnished it. It's a book that stays with you, one of the few that really does. Read it if you can. I loved it, and I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment